Those long summer holidays can become more exciting if you get to travel to distant locations. However, most students do not even think about traveling or going on a vacation due to financial constraints. Well, the truth is that already many students are meeting new friends from across the country during the summer months and getting to see new places. You will be surprised to know that they are simply exploring some innovative ways of exploring the world and get to travel for almost free or without spending anything. How do they do it? Do not miss out on the eBook that offers valuable tips on how to apply for the internship, volunteer and conferences (training) programs carrying detailed and precise guidelines on how to write application essay or personal statements. Read on to find out!
- Become a Conservation Volunteer – There are several short-term projects at a couple of international locations such as Australia and New Zealand, where students get hired to help in the protection of habitats and promote ecotourism.
- Join schemes for cultural exchange and studies – There are a limited number of cultural exchange programs that are funded by the government departments to study abroad. The schemes cover the food, transport and other costs. This is an excellent way to engage yourself in the culture of other country and enjoy your vacation.
- Participate in competitions – You are perhaps not aware, but there are competitions with very appealing prizes that offer generous cash prizes in the chosen currency of the winner. Just watch out for these competitions that are held for documentary-makers, photographers, writers, bloggers and earn some cash for a free holiday.
- Teach English abroad – If you are confident of your English speaking and writing skills, you can take advantage of the teaching offers to go almost anywhere in the world. This is certainly an incredible opportunity for the student travelers who can many schools will pay for their skills and expenses.
- Crew a cruise ship – If you are dreaming of traveling at sea, then start looking for one of those zillion different jobs available on cruise ships. You can easily land a short-term contract based on your area of expertise and travel for free to dreamy destinations. Crew jobs may not be glamorous, but it is an awesome way to see the world on someone else’s dime.
- Become a tour guide – Tourism offices and tour companies are always looking for tour guides who carry local knowledge and are English-speakers. All you need to do is look, charming and confident to be successful. This is a great way to cover the longer-term trips.
- Work on a farm – If you love being with nature and do not mind working on a farm, then there is plenty of farming work available in different countries. The best part is that that will cover your lodging and food and even offer modest stipends for your labor.
- Be a part of the Peace Corps – This is a unique chance to live and work in another country. All you need to do is register for participating in different projects such as healthcare, environment and business development. There are various volunteer travel projects available in many nations.
Those are just a couple of ideas to travel to different places and for free! For more ideas and information, get the mazing book on “A Student’s Guide to Traveling without Spending Money.” You will simply love reading the book as it is fun and simple to read but comes complete with information on resources and with detailed descriptions.